Welcome to our Shero© Program. We are delighted you are here and wanted to understand more around mobility and the ageing body.
Shero© Mobility First was formed on a foundation of Pilates but is mostly wrapped around mobilising the body through mid-life, putting focus into joint mobilisation and working towards the client’s own ability.
We have spent 5 years developing Pilates and mobility programmes based around our experiences with mid-lifers (Ahem! 40 something-ish) and beyond, into the dawning of happy older age. We started saying Peri-Menopause and beyond, but then realised that we teach this to men too.
Mid-lifers can feel out of control, disillusioned and overwhelmed with high impact classes, but they still want to be able to move well and participate in exercise! And why not?
The Shero© programme is wrapped around seven elements that have changed posture and improved injuries, not to mention confidence and strength.
The elements focus on moving the body through a series of movement patterns which will enable clients to maintain their strength, balance and mobility, to keep them independent and improve their quality of life.
From mobility, through standing strong, wall work and to the floor, we then enjoy our mindivator mindfulness section, finishing with strong and powerful affirmations to let your clients leave the session feeling confident, strong and empowered.
Who We Are
iCareiMove are a fitness and wellbeing consultancy that focuses on mid-lifers and beyond. Our aim is to educate and share knowledge around ageing greatly. Having worked in this market since 2004, iCareiMove want to support fitness instructors in the ageing process using their fitness and wellness toolbox to create a holistic package for the life span. Our passion, expertise and experience for the older market is vast and deep.
We help build wellbeing into work teams and customers to support our ageing society. Working with organisations to address culture change and resilience. Our services include mental health, physical health and business health support. We are experts in physical activity including falls prevention, menopause, mindfulness, strength and balance, chair based exercise and training around chronic health conditions and ageing well.
Our courses offer Continued Professional Development (CPD) training and can be used as evidence of your updated training requirements and will help to engage in, develop and enhance your abilities.
We aim to provide learners with up-to-date knowledge and skills training, giving each learner the opportunity to develop their professional skills in their work around ageing greatly.
The learners will:
- Receive detailed and timely information in relation to the aims, outcomes, content, assessment, resources and timetable of the training
- Receive a Learner’s Resource Pack to augment the training and contribute to the knowledge and skills of the learner
- Receive feedback in relation to their skills and knowledge as a result of attending the training
- Take part in endorsed CPD training that is designed to contribute to their professional development
- Have an opportunity to comment on and evaluate the training programme
- Have an opportunity to identify any specific learning needs and be assured that their learning needs will be accommodated to the best of our ability and resources.
- Have an opportunity to add further modules relative to ageing well including business support.
Two options to learn Shero©:
Blended learning – a virtual 1 day ZOOM learning friendly, fun interactive experience. Plus access to online resources to support your learning.
Self directed learning – through the online portal, with a video submission for assessment purposes.
- 1 Day LIVE online learning or
- Work through the course on the portal in your own time.
- Facebook Support Group
- Learner Resource Pack
- Additional learning material, videos, workbooks and content.
We pride ourselves on the continuing support that we offer. Once you have qualified, you will receive your Shero©certificate and also have the option to join our online membership for just £6.99 a month. You will receive;
- Monthly focus on intention setting
- Regular updated choreography
- Continuing support.
- Discounts on further courses
- Business resources and support.
- Links to appropriate music
Our follow on courses niche into health and age segments, plus workforce and business elements of Shero©.