Practice , practice, and practice some more
- Read through the exercises and practice the moves yourself until you feel confident in teaching them
- Read up about your clients and think about how you may need to tailor the exercises for them whilst still keeping the session running smoothly for the others.
- Read your resources so that you are aware of the health conditions that may affect some of your clients.
- Practice by teaching to real people and ask for honest feedback from them. Sometimes this is the best way to improve your delivery.
- Write down and reflect on your delivery. Then plan to make it better. Think about how you can do this.
- Use your script for the Mindivator element if you need to. It is not a memory test.
- There are several things procedures and policies that you should have in place before you teach to a group of people;
- Make sure that your clients have completed PAR-Qs so that you are aware of any health conditions or medications that may affect them when they exercise.
- EMD have these on their website
- Please ensure that you ask clients if they have any additions to their PAR-Q before classes. This is a verbal screen and it should cover you in case of an accident and the client has not updated you.
- If you need to complete your own risk assessment for the venue you will need to complete it before your first session.
- EMD have a checklist for your venue.